GMS Services. Septic Remediation
Proper maintenance of your septic system will protect your investment in your home. Homeowners should be aware of the following symptoms of a failing septic system so that they may take proper corrective action:
- Pools of water or soggy overlying soil in the drain field
- Foul odors and/or dark gray or black soils in the drain field area
- Water surfacing in the drain field during heavy rain or when doing laundry
- Sewage backing up into the lowest drains in the house
- Slow drainage or gurgling drains
GreenMarket Solutions, Inc. offers services that can assist in the remediation of a failing septic system. GreenMarket Solutions, Inc. utilizes its GMS BioWaste Digester and Soil Optimizer products and application processes to treat and maintain septic systems.
Laboratory testing on GMS BioWaste Digester and Soil Optimizer attests to the safety of the products to both soil and groundwater. The application of these products provides an effective and environmentally-safe means for remedying problems due to failing septic systems.
Characteristics of Septic Systems
A typical septic system has four main components: a pipe from the home, a septic tank, a drain field, and the soil.
The septic tank contains wastewater long enough to allow solids to settle out and form sludge, with oil and grease floating to the surface as scum. The tank design also allows partial decomposition of the solid materials.
Wastewater discharges from the septic tank into the drain field for further treatment by the soil. Subsequent infusions of wastewater into the tank will force the partially treated wastewater into the drain field.
The septic tank wastewater percholates into the soil, where soil microbes digest or remove most contaminants from wastewater before it can reach the groundwater. This provides the final treatment by removing bacteria, viruses, and nutrients.
Problems Due to Septic Failure
The accumulation of excessive amounts of sludge and scum prevents incoming sewage from spending adequate time in the septic tank for solids to settle. Solids may flow to the drain field, causing sewage to overflow to the ground surface. This overflow exposes humans and animals to the disease-causing organisms found in sewage.
Problems also occur when the drain field cannot accommodate the amount of liquid introduced from the septic tank. This creates inefficiencies in the drain field and may allow contamination of the groundwater.
GreenMarket Solutions Services
GreenMarket Solutions, Inc. provides the services necessary to respond to problems related to septic system failure through the application of its BioWaste Digester and Soil Optimizer products.
A qualified field supervisor and staff will perform the various steps involved in the process:
- Site Assessment
- Site Preparation
- Site Corrective Action
- Site Follow-Up and Testing
Your assigned field supervisor will be available to you throughout the project to keep you apprised of all steps and to address your questions or concerns.
Benefits of GreenMarket Solutions Septic Remediation Services
BioWaste Digester Services
- Offers a unique, environmentally safe, and cost-effective method for reducing waste build-up and controlling odors.
- Digests and deodorizes organic solid wastes, as found in pit toilets, vault toilets, holding tanks, portable toilets, sludge drying beds, sewage treatment plants, landfills, lagoons, septic drain fields, etc.
- Reduces pumpable solids by up to 70 percent, which reduces the frequency of periodic rodding and enables easier maintenance of an ailing drain field.
Soil Conditioning Services
- Effective treatment for converting clay-based, hard-to-drain soil that accumulates water to a loamy soil.
- Allows drain field to percholate, which is necessary for proper moisture penetrability.